Our pre-school aims to:
- Provide high quality care and eduation for children below statutory school age;
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- Add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
Parents and carers are regarded as members of our pre-school who have full participatory rights. These include a right to
- Valued and respected;
- Kept informed;
- Involoved; and
- Included at all levels
As a community based, voluntary managed pre-school, we also depend on the good will of parents/carers and their involvement to keep
going. Membership of the pre-school carries expectaions on parents and carers for their support and commitment.
We aim to ensure that each child;
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- Is respected for their families beliefs and cultural background;
- Is given generous care and attention, becuase of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- Is helped to take forward his/her learning and development by being helped to build on what he/she already knows and can
- Has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- Is in a pre-school that sees parents/carers as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- Is in a pre-school in which parents/carers help to shape the service it offers.